Sorry, this job has expired.
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services.
We are currently seeking floor technicians for The Forum at Brookside, a Five Star star rated community located in Louisville, KY.
As the floor tech you will:
• Dust, vacuum, and help to maintain a clean environment in the common areas of the community.
• Dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub assigned resident apartments and common areas daily according to facility procedures.
• Dispose of trash, waste, and other materials in a safe manner.
• Maintain par levels of supplies and assist with ordering of products.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
• Appreciate the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
• High school diploma/GED preferred.
• Must have floor stripping and waxing experience.
• Healthcare facility experience is a plus.
• Must have the ability to prioritize & complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Must maintain regular, punctual attendance.
• Must be able to effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
• Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
• Must be able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
• Must be able to detect odors and see spots and spills.
• Must be able to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
• Passion for caring for elderly.
• Understand proper use of community equipment.
• Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
With communities in over 30 states, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles. Residents can choose from a range of programs that fit into our Lifestyle360 framework - a holistic approach to active senior living that focuses on 5 dimensions of wellness: Intellectual, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual.
Click "Apply now" for more information and to complete your online application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.