We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) for The Forum at Brookside, a Five Star star rated senior community situated in a parklike setting in St. Matthews.
Ask about our $2 per hour shift differential and your $1,500 sign-on bonus!
As the CNA you will:
• Accurately perform and record vital signs, height and weight.
• Accurately calculate and record weight gain/loss and fluid intake/output.
• Maintain a clean and safe resident environment.
• Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
• Perform palliative and post-mortem care.
• Perform routine care rounds on each assigned resident, at minimum, every two hours (or more frequently as indicated).
• Must be a graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program OR
• Must have successful completion of a state approved competency examination (written & skills) within 120 days of employment, with your name entered into the state nurse aide registry.
• Must have the ability to prioritize & complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Must maintain regular, punctual attendance.
• Must be able to effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
• Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
• Must be able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
• Must be able to detect odors and see spots and spills.
• Must be able to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
• Passion for caring for elderly.
• Understand proper use of community equipment.
• Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
Join the Five Star Team today! Click "Apply now" for more information and to complete your online application.