Full time, Part time, Per diem
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services.
We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) for The Forum at Brookside, a Five Star star rated community located in Louisville, KY.
As the CNA you will:
• Accurately perform and record vital signs, height and weight.
• Accurately calculate and record weight gain/loss and fluid intake/output.
• Maintain a clean and safe resident environment.
• Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
• Perform palliative and post-mortem care.
• Perform routine care rounds on each assigned resident, at minimum, every two hours (or more frequently as indicated).
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or three-six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and successful completion of a state approved competency examination (written and skills) within 120 days of employment; name entered into state nurse aide registry.
• Must have the ability to prioritize & complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Must maintain regular, punctual attendance.
• Must be able to effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
• Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
• Must be able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
• Must be able to detect odors and see spots and spills.
• Must be able to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
• Passion for caring for elderly.
• Understand proper use of community equipment.
• Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
All shifts available
Ask about our $2 per hour shift differential and your $1,500 sign-on bonus!
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
With communities in over 30 states, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles. Residents can choose from a range of programs that fit into our Lifestyle360 framework - a holistic approach to active senior living that focuses on 5 dimensions of wellness: Intellectual, Physical, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual.
Join the Five Star Team today! Click "Apply now" for more information and to complete your online application.